Looking for Adult Piano
Adult piano lessons are much different than kids piano lessons. They should be of course. Here are some things to look for when searching for the right adult lessons for you.
Piano lessons for adults should focus on these things:
- moving quickly through the introductory material (meaning note names, rhythm concepts, piano keys, beginning scales, etc.)
- pieces of music that appeal to adults (not children's songs).
- begin playing piano pieces within the first couple of weeks of starting.
Piano lessons for adults should have:
- books and material designed specifically for adults.
- a section on learning chords (unless you only want to play Classical music).
- a fun factor
- flexibility - after the first couple beginner lessons you want a well
- rounded approach so that you can move on to learning the style you want to play.
Online or With A Teacher?
Learning online is really geared only for adults and teens. Any course you find online will be fine for an adult - unless of course it says it's for children.
If you know already you'd like to learn online, check out my page on online piano lessons.
Benefits of online lessons:
- learn at your own pace, in your own time
- much less expensive
- material can be excellent and well-rounded
- most courses teach chords
Click below to learn more about my online course:
Benefits of a teacher:
- feedback - they'll let you know what you're
doing right or wrong.
- dealing with someone face to face
- you can ask questions directly
- you may be more motivated to practice when
thinking about facing your teacher again next week.
You need to find what suits you the most.
If you want to learn online, my
top recommendation for adult
lessons is called Piano For All. It's a very good beginner course. It is for adults.
It's inexpensive, teaches chords and very well-rounded.
Return from Adult
Lessons Info Homepage.
More pages that might help:
Need help playing piano by ear? Tips on how to start and how to play chords by ear.
Grab this beginner piano guide to help you to figure out the first steps for learning piano.
Learn some of the most common and basic piano chords. Learn the chord names and the notes to play them.
A free video lesson on how to learn the piano keys. Exercises included. Check it out!
How do you begin playing the piano by ear? Here are some tips for where to start and how to play by ear.
Answering the question: what are piano chords? Find the basics here.
Ever wondering if you can learn piano without sheet music? There are a few options if this is something you want to do.
Wondering what instrument to learn if whether piano or guitar is harder to learn? I've learned both & mastered one - here's my take.
Join the 14 day piano chord challenge and learn a new chord every day! Perfect for beginners learning to play piano chords.
Reviews and recommendations of the best online piano lessons available. Find out which online lessons are really great and which ones will suit your needs the best.
Is piano hard to learn? Find the answer and learn the best way to learn for you!
Counting beats in music is very important and one of the main things we do is use words to count these out. Here are the ways you can do this too.
Learn what the piano key notes are (it's all a pattern) including black and white keys, diagrams, sharps and flats.
An introduction to piano lessons to help you start off playing what's right for you!
What is the best piano book for beginners? Find recommendations and advice here.
Looking for easy piano lessons? Tips on how to find the best ones that will get you playing quickly and easily.
Help for understanding piano chords and a basic overview of what chords are.
Here's a reference of the piano notes that are above and below the staff in both the bass clef and treble clef.
Free video chord piano lessons. Learn how to play chords and how to get better at playing chords.